Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wearin' me out!


These kids are pretty cute. Pretty DARN cute. I mean, am I right, or am I right?
And I LOVE being a mom to these two darn cute kids.
And playing with them, and chasing them, and cleaning after them :)
But sometimes..
these kids.. they fight.
Or should I say, Beck fights. He fights with Arli all. day. long.
And I feel bad for the girl. She is the second child. and a GIRL, gettin picked on by her older brother.
Sure, she's tough because of it. And knows how to defend herself. And she's gonna love having a brother later on. Trust me :)
But man. That boy just knows how to push her buttons. And then SHE knows how to scream that one defense scream before he's even touched her.
So the day gets long. And it involves me trying NOT to say "no!" but use positive discipline.
And its hard.
And after a long weekend.. and its not even over (nursery class tomorrow. yay!)
I am exhausted. I know you other moms of kids close in age have this problem.. and probably moms of any two kids of any ages.
And I thought about it.. and Arli turns 2 in February. And Beck. well, will still be 3. And THEN I will have a 3 year old and a 2 year old. ..................................................
...................................... umm. Okay. hahahah. That's all I can say. Its gonna be wild.
Because if it is already wild right now.. oh my! Arli has officially entered the "terrible two's". Which really arrives before the kid turns two I think.
So, it should be a good time.
Pretty sure they are darn cute for a reason. Makin up for other fun stuff. :)
But the weeks go so fast.. weeks turn into months.. And they aren't my babies anymore.
So whats a mom to do but just enjoy it right.
I think about that every single day. And I have come to that thought when I'm just standing there when they are both havin freakout fests. And its good. Because they won't be little long.
And I am so going to miss them.
I love them little. And I already get teary eyed and have crying moments thinking about the baby years. Or watching old videos. Where did the time go?
So I guess I will let them wear me out. I mean its only good for me right? I should really thank them for helpin me burn so many calories.
At least that's how I like to look at it.

Dear Beck Alan, and Arli Pilar,
You are my world. My life is so much fuller because of you. I am a better person because of you two. I love you two punks so much. I promise I will never believe you when you say, "Mommy, I want you to go away!" Or, "No, I don't love you Mommy!" :) Because you're my babies. and Sweet babies don't mean those things to they're mommies.

xoxo
mom

p.s. I have some pretty great naked videos of you two.. so be nice to me, kay? ;)

2 comments:

bkbishopfamily said...

I loved this whole post, especially the p.s.!! Gotta love being a mom...and just so you know, you're a great mom-these two are lucky to have you (and Tuck)!

Erin Dougal said...

I know the feeling. Just one sassy 7 month old is wearin me out. I can't imagine two. And like you, I try keeping it all in perspective. It helps.