Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Summer Runner

This year has been a good one for me fitness and goal wise. 
I ran my second 1/2 marathon a couple weekends ago.  
And yes. I'm still addicted.. but I think I will enjoy it more once I actually prepare myself. HAH. Oh jeez. Like serioously. I ran prob 3-4 times in the month before the race. yeah. 
But I HAD to do this one even though I didn't fully train. 
My friend Angela (middle) put this whole race together for the women she had been training and running with throughout the summer. She is amazing. 'Nuff said. 
Okayyy not 'Nuff said.. she even is the one who does our legit aerobic workouts during the school year. And she does it all for fwee. in her spare (what spare) time. 
I definitely wouldn't have gone out running as much as I did without the whole running group she put together. It was awesome. 
On the right is my cool friend Kelli! Who has moved away from the neighborhood.. So this was a special race to catch up and run toghether. HA. But that woman. She is awesome.. and we disocvered she can't NOT be competitive in a race. Which is not a bad thing. So we started running together but she had business to take care of and went off :) I found it pretty hilarious. 
Though I did miss my running buddy a ton! My running game suffered.
Thanks Kelli. (don't worry I still like you)
Tuck and the kids were amazing and there to greet me at the finish of a rough course, which included 2 legit hills. Thanks Angela. Like I needed that. 
But it was beyond satisfying to finish! 
I seriously love that feeling.

Me, Angela, Kelli.

Me. gotta get proof... of my glistening sweaty self. 

More? Yes.

This last weekend Tuck and I ran in the Autism Fun Run to support our nephew, Anson. 
We try and run it every year. So far only missed one. 
It was nice to run with family! 
Here's a group pic I stole from my sister in law. :)
Go team Anson! 
And we were super happy my Bro-inlaw Barrett got back from Iraq just in time to run!! 


2 comments:

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

Wow, go you! After baby #2 I wanna start running again. Now you have to run a marathon and tell me what its like. :)

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Michelle, you're awesome! And so so cute. I miss your guts.