Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Learning to Knit


Yup! That's right. I'm finally learning how to knit.
And good thing because all those ADORABLE things I find to make, but aren't crochet patterns will now be miiine. :)
if you remember, it is on my to do list for the year.
But I was just not getting around to it for some time because 1. I don't like learning from people face to face. HA. I sound totally rude.
and 2. I didn't want to spend a free afternoon scoping out the internet for a good tutorial.

Well lo and behold... Ashley from Make it and Love it came to the rescue. (and if you haven't heard of this blog.. uhh where have you been. JK, but seriously)
She has lots of fun series on her blog, and thankfully as fate would have it, Learn to Knit is the latest one. She has a gal teaching weekly, in pictures, how to knit. Total beginner style. I like.
Though I had to look at the video the gal recommended, I'm a even MORE visual learner than just pictures haha. It's an awesome video and maybe now that I have the first step down, the next ones will be fine.
The series is only into the 3rd week, so that means the 3rd lesson. So it's not too late to get on the bandwagon. But really is it ever too late? Thank goodness.
If this is on your to-do list.. you must check it out!

And yeah, so far, I am owning this whole thing.

3 comments:

Harrison Dougal said...

I really enjoy knitting! I'm learning too and only have a 5x4 piece done right now but I enjoy it.

Erin Dougal said...

Ummm. Harrison does not knit. That was supposed to say Erin.....

Michelle said...

hahaha I was like.. woh Harrison knits..haha awesome.
I was so boggled for the first 5 minutes... trying to figure out one stinking stitch haha but its fun to get better as i practice! yay for knitting!